Much of the work we do integrates with the work that you may have done – or may need to do – with other advisors. We regard teamwork as one of our most important values and functions.
We are happy to serve as the leader of your team, or as a valued utility player – whatever the situation requires. And if you need it, we are ready to put together a team for you, with referrals to a rich array of trusted colleagues who can help in any of these areas.
For REAL ESTATE MATTERS, this entails very active interaction with some or all of:
- your broker, and the other party’s broker and attorney
- your mortgage banker and their counsel
- coop or condo management
- your financial advisor
- title insurance professionals
- building inspectors
- building-department expeditors
For ESTATE PLANNING, this may involve coordination with your:
- Financial advisor
- Insurance consultant
- Human resources or retirement plan manager
- Elder-care attorney
- Business attorney
- Matrimonial attorney
- Accountant or tax advisor
- Children, parents, or other relatives.
- Trusted friends selected as executors or for other fiduciary roles.
- Corporate fiduciaries.
For PROBATE and ESTATE ADMINISTRATION matters, your team may include:
- Appraisers for art, real estate, or other property
- Contacts for philanthropic gifts
- Financial advisors
- Accountants and tax advisors
- Counsel in other jurisdictions
- Co-counsel for special issues, such as landlord-tenant relations in estate-owned property
- Family members
…and our interactions will often include interactions with:
- taxation authorities
- a mortgage lender and other creditors of the estate
- the probate court
- surety bond providers.